Saturday, January 8, 2011

We're back!


After three weeks of wandering the south for the holidays, David and I are finally home for good. As I stare at the blinking cursor, I can't seem to put into words my first christmas, new years, etc. as a wife. There is one only word that does come to mind,  family
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could tell funny stories, I could describe our trips, but that wouldn't do it justice. So, I'll just say this: New family, old family, growing families - Families are like those wonderfully old patchwork quilts that hold to together pieces of everyone's past and future.  They are not trendy or stylish decor - they were made for comfort and warmth.  They're made of memories, and any patches sewn on or added later will always fit because that's what a patchwork quilt is; a hodge-podge, a collage, a mish-mash, a wonderful collection. And that's what families are too. So, I guess the best way to describe my first married christmas would be to say I was blessed to feel the warmth of our quilt.  Treasure yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...