Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Priorities

The other day Laura and I were sitting at our picnic table with Anne Barron and her good friend Ellie Mahon having just finished a lovely dinner. When Anne and Ellie stood up, the table was suddenly unbalanced and, for a moment, seemed to be tipping over. As a side note, I have always felt that circumstances that call for immediate action reveal what is truly important to you. In that moment of six-flags-esque terror, Laura grabbed hold of a plate and bowl that were sitting on the table (net worth ~ $70) to prevent them from breaking during the fall. I, on the other hand, latched on to my beer for dear life. It should be noted that there were only about two sips left in the bottle. Fortunately, Anne and Ellie kept the table from tipping over, which also kept the two dishes I should have grabbed from breaking.

I can't say I'm proud of what I did, but if this happened again I wonder if I would do anything differently...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...