Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oh, the places you go!




Remember that childhood game where you close you eyes, spin the globe and place your finger on the spinning ball til it stops - Then, immediately declare, "I'm going on vacation to..." or "I will forever live in..." (
and frequently you're finger is in the middle of the ocean?) I don't know why I loved this game, but I did. Maybe it was because my parents took me to Europe at age six, and I already had the travel bug. But the "globe" game was up there with cat's cradle and MASH for me. It was a classic.

Thank you designsponge for bringing back good memories. Thank you for not only reminding us the wonders of the globe game, but for making it a chalkboard. They just upped the ante. I have been looking at this DIY project for weeks, and then yesterday, when the Pottery Barn magazine arrived, there was a very similar chalkboard globe for sale. Pay for it? No way.

Why is it whenever there's something expensive I just want to make it? Am I that obsessed with beating the system? Well, anyways, I was enjoying it so much, I thought you might too.

2 comments:

  1. i want one of these globes some day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS. My next project, I think, when I find time....

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...