Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Meet the Ornaments

As soon as our forks clattered to a rest on our plates after Thanksgiving dinner, Laura officially declared it to be "Christmas Time!"  So we bought a fake tree, got out Laura's collection of ornaments, and started decorating.  In order for the tree to fit in our house, I had to give up my place at the dinner table and move around to the side.  But I must say it looks pretty good.

Hey, that's my seat!

Since these were Laura's ornaments, I had never seen any of them before. So, I am going to chronicle my first impressions of some select ornaments over the next few days.  Starting with this one…


Meet American Santa.  This was the first ornament I picked up and it was the first one on the tree.  After being placed on the tree, American Santa declared eminent domain over the rest of the tree, but was unable to enforce his borders once the other ornaments started immigrating to the tree as well.  Now, everyone knows that Santa Claus is an American citizen and a proud patriot, but I didn't know he was such a huge Captain America fan too.



I love the subtle propaganda that this ornament embodies.  So, Merry Christmas to all America, and to all America a good night!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...