Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Solemnly Swear To...

So, while finishing up school, I have been dreaming about all the glorious free time I will have this summer.  In the margins of my research and in my planner, I have been making lists of all the things I want to do. Partially, I am putting them on the blog because if I type them I will HAVE to do them, and partially, I am blogging about them because I'm wondering what should be added to my list. So here it goes:


I solemnly swear to finish my wedding thank you notes now that I'm not writing papers. NEXT, I will practice my mandolin. I've been trying to learn ever since David gave it to me, but every time I pick it back up I have to start over again remembering chords. AND THEN, I promise to make things: 


ALSO, I solemnly swear to replant my window box (hopefully like this one) and maybe add a garden to the backyard. Andddd working out, yeah, that'll be in the mix. *Not to mention, I have to work.* And of course, I will READ. I will read lovely books that I get to choose. Here's the list so far, tell me what you think and what I should add:


So, I know I'm not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but aren't these more fun to look at? (Also, if anyone has these and wants to lend a copy, I'd be much obliged!) Happy Summer everybody!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you also solemnly swear to hang out with your bestie who returns to your neck of the woods in 55 days!!! also, have you read "one thousand gifts?" you. have. to. it's sooooo good and right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have four of the six you can borrow plus I have One Thousand Gifts also. It is good. Beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ~ your Mom is so "on it" for your Summer Reading pleasure. How cool is that. I have thousands of books, but I'm always way behind so they are not the current best sellers. My idea of heaven is to be able to read ALL the books I ever wanted.

    Yes, I was going to suggest "One Thousand Gifts" ~ that is a book that came out of the author's blog....remember when I sent you a sample of her writing back in the winter. She's a farmer's wife with six kids living in Canada. Anyway, I agree with your Mom, beautiful writing. Hauntingly beautiful, always come to mind. Her blog is "A Holy Experience." Her photography will knock your socks off, too.

    Come to my garage anytime...a.k.a. "Terry's Tomes."

    Congrats on one year of grad school under your belt....YEAH! Good job.

    Happy Summer, darlin' ~ may you accomplish all you desire and more! Plus, exciting ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY coming up....fun and special. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...