Wednesday, March 16, 2011

::Miami Update::

After a 10-hour car ride that included standing up through the sunroof to get a picture of a car with a painting of Batman tearing through the hood (which was actually a painting of a grizzly bear) and lots and lots of Florida tolls, we finally made it to Miami.


And I must say,  Miami is no disappointment.  After a day at the beach, my brother-in-law, Ryan, took us to his favorite pit-stop - a Colombian dive called "La Moon" which had the most luscious burgers I've ever put in my mouth.  La Moon hasn't made any "must-see" lists for Miami that I've read, but it should (Although, it was featured on Man vs. Food for good reason - sooo much food).  Instead of being served on a bun, the Crazy Moon Arepa Burger is served on an "arepa" or corn pancake, and the burger is topped with a over-hard fried egg, ham, bacon, cheese, potato sticks and a mysterious but delicious "6 sauces." I wouldn't be surprised if they got another visit from us this week.

After La Moon, we all headed to South Beach to visit Miami's pedestrian street, Lincoln Rd, where we sat outside Zeke's Roadhouse, drank beer and people watched late into the night. What great atmosphere.

I can't get over this city.  I love the zillion-floor skyscrapers lit like Christmas trees at night, the lush foliage that surprisingly surrounds all the tall buildings, walking to the grocery store in the 75 degree weather and the Spanish everywhere.  And we've only been here two days. Adios from Miami!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should take Ken Elmer for one of those burgers! He would love eating all that food!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...